Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The trouble with kids today. . .


This week while subbing for a 5th grade Spanish class I decided to turn on music the last 15 minutes of class because the kids had been rock stars.  I have a work appropriate play list on my Amazon Cloud, so I turned it on and Spice Girls started playing.  Still love them.  Yes I'm 25.  No I don't care what you think. I also cried when I got to go to the NKOTBSB concert a couple years back.  Just adding some fuel to the fire of your judgment.  
 

 
 
Anyway, I was singing along and dancing around and the kids looked at me like I was crazy.  Then the following conversation took place:
 
 
Kid:  What is this?
 
LJ: SPICE GIRLS! DUH! [while continuing silly dancing and singing]
 
Kid:  What are Spice Girls?
 
LJ:
 
 









 Kid: Why can't we listen to Gangnam Style or Justin Bieber?
 
LJ:  Because Gangnam Style is evil.  I LOVED the Spice Girls when I was your age!
 
Kid:  Yea, which was like 30 years ago. . .
 
LJ:
 
 
  
 
Another girl in the class:
 
Kid 2:  I like the Spice Girls!!  Do you have any Bon Jovi or Journey?

LJ:
 
 
 
Well done, kid.  You are my new favorite. 
 


post signature
 

No comments:

Post a Comment