Monday, August 26, 2013

Sweet Summertime - Part 2: Keokuk Dam


Chilling on the troley
Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to cross the dam in Keokuk via boat.  Well, my wish has not yet come true but I got a lot closer to it!  This summer the Keokuk Dam celebrated it 100th anniversary and had fun festivities down by the river.  We were able to cross the dam via trolley and tour the plant.  There were different junk food vendors in the river park that offered everything from fried frog legs to gourmet pasta.  We Iowan's like to keep it classy.  I indulged in a pulled pork sandwich (I have missed quality pork for the past year!) and a funnel cake!!  I also got to see Shane and Clif for the first time since my arrival.  My darling husband stayed up in Iowa City to continue a bit of packing and mingling with friends.










(I don't know why I can't get these pictures to be larger and more focused.  Sorry!!  Will try to fix later!)

After touring the plant we DID get to see a boat go into the lock!  I took a video of the bridge we had crossed rising and lowering because I thought it was pretty fantastic.  :)

Lowering

Rising
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment