Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New Beginnings!

It is that time of year again!  School is starting and Hawkeye football is about to begin!  This is my favorite time of year!  I love the colors of fall, the warm smells, the cozy clothes and the fun filled activities. 

Something else exciting is happening now as well.  Monday was my mom's first day of college!!  After 35 years of working at Methode she is starting down a new path. It has been a big and scary transition for her, but now that everything is set and classes have started her confidence has grown and it is wonderful to see her excited about school! I am incredibly proud of her for her bravery in starting a new chapter in her life.

Ben and I have started a new chapter in our lives as well.  We have purchased our first home together and are settling into life in Cedar Rapids.  Ben started work last week and today has his first day with students! I'm looking forward to going to future performances and supporting him in his career.  I am currently still on the job hunt and actually have an interview this week! I have been enjoying the life of a Holly Housewife, but am SO ready to have a job and contribute to our income. Fingers crossed the interview goes well!!

(Pictures to follow when my computer stops being an idiot.)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment