Saturday, May 11, 2013

My little lovebug turns 4

Grover: 'Why you make me wait?'
It is hard to believe my little nugget is another year older!  This makes 4 wonderful years of his existence. (May 10, 2009)  Since we are paying out the butt to get him home from Dubai, we did not get him extra treats or a new toy this year.  

BUT I couldn't just do nothing. . . So I baked my little Grovie a cake!

Grover: 'I go meow!'


He wasn't sure what to do with the big piece, so I made it into small pieces.

The PB made him thirsty.

Grover: 'Me want more, please!'
I was worried he wouldn't like it because he can be a picky little poop, but he ate it right up after I cut it for him!  

Here is the recipe I used:

Doggie Bday Cake

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/4 C peanut butter
1/4 C cooking oil
1 t vanilla extract
1/3 C honey
1 C shredded carrots
1 C flour
1 t banking soda

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium sized bowl.  Stir in carrots and mix thoroughly.  Combine flour & baking soda & fold into carrot mixture.  Spoon batter into greased muffin pan.* Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.  Let cool for 10 minutes and spread thin layer of PB on top.

*I used a small casserole dish, but little muffins would be adorable!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment