Thursday, November 1, 2012

"A Hair-Raising Discovery For Husband"

Below is an article that was front and center of the newspaper on October 31st, 2012.  I found this article interesting because this is an example of how some client's ended up in my previous office; not in the headlines of a newspaper.  I now see the newspaper on a daily basis at my job so I will likely continue to post articles that I find facinating.


October 31, 2012

"A Hair-Raising Discovery for Husband"

A husband has described how he lashed out when a surprise visit to one of his wives ended in a  shock discovery.
 
The Jordanian told DUbai Court of Misdemeanors yesterday how he decided to go and see one of his two spouses at her home in Discovery Gardens only to find her in bed with a male hairdresser.
 
The 31-year-old- said: "I found her with him, totally naked.  I was angry so I assultaed both of them and tried to call police.  They kicked my hand so I dropped my phone.  I then went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife."
 
"I was in shock and didn't know what to do,"he added in court records.  "The stranger started begging me not to inform police and my wife excaped."
 
The 31-year-old husband called one of his wife's colleagues, who came to their home and he asked him about the relationship between the two.
 
"Her colleague informed me that the man is my wife's hairdresser," he said.
 
The husband told the Lebanese hairdresser that if he left the country within 24 hours he would not inform Dubai Police.  However, the 33-year-old refused to leave so the husband filed a complaint at Jebel Ali Police Station. 
 
A police investigation revealed the alleged lovers had known each other for three months.  The husband added: "My wife and I had been married for six years.  I discovered the hairdresser was visiting her every two days."
 
The husband added: "I found a booking in my wife's name for a hotel in Dubai and protection in the bin [trash]."
 
The Jordanian wife claimed the Lebanese man was just a friend and she had only called him to come to the house because she had pains in her stomach.  She said he had gone to sleep in the guest room and had no idea why he was lying next to her naked.  The Court was told that the husband waived his rights, saying that he has forgiven his wife and wants a fresh start with her.
 
The woman and the Lebanese man are charged with having an illegal affair and consuming alcohol.
 
The case has been adjourned.


 

1 comment:

  1. So it's okay for him to have two wives but she can only be with one man? I try to understand...but I just can't!

    ReplyDelete